Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Date Night Fail

6 Months, Week 4


Friday night was Tim and my first real night out [sorry Cowans, your baby shower didn’t count]. We had tickets to see ol’ Phish at Riverbend with our other parents friends. I was picked up directly from work and we headed to Pirates’ Cove down on Kellog for some drinks and food before the show. 


The concert was great and always entertaining with fantastic people-watching. There are always children at Phish shows which is interesting. I wouldn’t be against it, but I’d definitely stay on the outer ring of the fans where most other children stay. 


It was very fun, but Nora had woke up at 5:30 that morning so I was purely exhausted. Which was ironic because there were other passed out people around me, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t because of their 6-month old and 8 hours of work. 


We left during the encore and got home around 11:30 - perfect! My Mom was gracious to spend the night since we knew we’d be home late. 


However, Nora didn’t want to work with us - she woke up at 1am and after waiting it out and changing a diaper to no avail, I succumbed to a night feeding at 2am. Somehow this wasn’t enough so at 3am AND 4am my Mom held her until she fell asleep again both times. When Nora woke up for the day at 6:30am, my Mom had left and Zombie - er, Tim and I, got up. 


Murphy’s Law, right? What can go wrong will go wrong. Especially if you and your husband try and go out for date night! 


Cute and tiny 7oz!

Before we knew what the night held for us!

Perfect summer concert!

1 comment:

  1. Not a fail. Good for you guys for getting out. And you DID have fun. It's a balancing act and I'm sure Nora was just a little off since it was new to her. :)

    ReplyDelete