Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Long Sick Week That Just Won't End...

Oh this week.

Thursday we took the girls to Alison’s... her kids were on the same sick track so who cares, right? 

My parents came later that afternoon to watch the girls because Tim & I were going to see a concert in Oakley at 20th Century. I typically do not go to shows on weeknights anymore. Children. Work. You get it. Well, add sick kids to the mix and I really should have just stayed home. 

We had been up since 4:30 that morning due to Nora. I ran at 5am. I think the best part of the day was eating dinner and having a beer in Oakley with fun people. THAT was relaxing. 

I just could not enjoy myself at the show - as good as the music was. I was exhausted, the music was SO loud... Tim was his awesome self and compromised - we left around 10:45 before the show was over. 

I can’t even entirely remember, but I think Nora was coughing around 3am, then Hannah coughs EVERY morning from about 5-6:30am. No joke. 

Friday AM after life-saving coffee, I took Hannah to a new speech therapist closer to home. We didn’t particularly learn anything new. After seeing three speech therapists with the same opinion, I think I’m finally reassured that Hannah IS on the right track... it’s just a long track. 

Friday night was rough trying to soothe Hannah in her post-surgery crying. We would have let her cry it out a bit, but she’s sick, so we couldn’t let her go long with the coughing : (

Summary of my week.


Saturday night was slightly better in that we had solid sleep from about 10:30-5am when Hannah starts her coughing spell. 

Sunday was a beautiful day and we took the girls to our annual zoo trip. Hannah was still rather cough. We ran into our friends, the Morris/Godfreys. 

Oh hey - have I mentioned Nora is in the “I Want To Dress Myself” Phase? Yay.


While I wanted to watch the Bengals, I had to make pasta salad, do laundry and get boxwoods planted so they wouldn't die. 

Hannah was a bit of a crank this afternoon and she got another fever around 102! GEESH. The Pediatrician had said this virus would last 10 days.... we’re on about day 8. 

OH - and I’m feeling like crap now - big surprise. Lack of solid sleep, sick kids... 

I’m really hoping we get a break mid week when this virus is supposed to end... Ack! 

*Thank you to all Grandparents for helping our sick kids this week!








No comments:

Post a Comment