Tuesday, September 1, 2015

One. Year. Old.

[I’ve already posted this on Facebook for most people, but as this is my family journal, will post the same here.]

One.Year. Old.
The fastest, slowest, scariest, most joyful, stressful, and totally-worth-it year of our life. 
That extra chromosome terrified us. I was afraid of the baby inside me because of perceptions I had.
This baby has been through more, is stronger, is happier than most adults I know. “Healthy“ is a relative term. 
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; she’s taught us mounds of acceptance, love and patience. I agree with the sentiment that one of the hardest parts of raising a child with Ds is educating others and fighting perceptions and stereotypes. Do not underestimate my child - she and her family will be fighting to make sure she gets every opportunity a child with 46 chromosomes gets. 
Hannah, your smile and strength will take you to the moon… We love you unconditionally Baby Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment