Sunday, September 27, 2015

Running Update


Last week was the Hudy 14K/7K in town - I’ve always enjoyed it; great after party, pint glass “trophies” and medals that are bottle openers. 



14K is about 8.8 miles. This and the Heart Mini 15K are my favorite distances. Not SO long that you have to train SO hard. 

Two of my coworkers ran as well... both of them felt it was hard. I knew it was hard, but still enjoyed it. I think the only easy race in town is the Heart Mini because it is the ONLY flat race. Every race in this city is guaranteed to be hilly. 

I did way better than I thought; finished in 1:27 with a 10:06 pace - very good for me nowadays! My typical pace at home seems to be around 10:35. 

My fellow runners and I drank half a beer for the novelty of it, then headed for food at Panera. 




-----

This Saturday I was due for 12 miles - eek. I did it. It wasn’t SO awful. I think my pace was 10:35 again. My legs were JELL-O. But man, it feels great when you’re done. I always follow the super long runs with chocolate coconut milk. Nom. 

Next week I’ll drop down to about 7 [short : ) ] 

Saturday Oct 10th is the Queen Bee Half! I’m excited and slightly nervous. My last half was the spring before I was pregnant with Hannah. 

I’m always thankful for a husband who supports me and lets me do this every weekend. Thanks Baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment