Sunday, April 5, 2015

World Ds Day: Race Day Part 2

Thankfully the Cincy Ds 5K started at 10am - now that’s a reasonable time. Especially since at 9am it was about 32˚ - which didn’t account for the windchill.

Ironically enough, Hannah wasn’t even at the Ds 5K because 1 - It was right during her mid-morning bottle and 2 - It was cold. Nana and Papa to the rescue to keep Hannah warm and fed at their house!

My lovely family joined us as well and walked with Nora and her wagon as Tim and I participated in running. It was a nice course with a surprising hill - I know Tim would have done even better if he hadn’t been slightly slowed down by the hernia surgery. I was done in about 27 minutes with and 8:54 pace - WHAT? PR! The cold makes me a rabbit, man. 

After the race, our families and friends went to Cock-n-Bull in Glendale for lunch. Nora enjoyed the trains that ran alongside. I relished the award-winning fish & chips.

It was a lovely day and look forward to doing it every year now!




No comments:

Post a Comment