Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Our FOURTH Surgery Date:

Next Thursday, April 30th. 

Our surgeon had 3 babies in the hospital who needed more immediate care. I knew it was could be a couple days before they got back to us.

It’s so hard to not yell at the person delivering me this info. 

Aren’t we at the top of the list by now?!
We’ve had the green light since January!
My baby is starting to sweat by the end of the day!
Do you know how much arranging we have to do for childcare and employers??

I’m sure they deal with emotional parents on a daily basis and if I even tried pleading my case they’d throw me in MY place about babies who are on support machines. Then I’d feel like an a-hole. 

My sister told me a story about someone who had seen babies prepped for surgery and it was cancelled for an emergency. Ack! That would probably throw me into an anxiety attack/emotional breakdown. 

So again, I’m hoping the powers above show us some grace and relief to get us over the finish line...


3 comments:

  1. hugs! i wish there was more I could do for you. You are allowed to vent and cry and be frustrated, this is far from easy! hopefully, this is the last bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this date has got to be it! I'm definitely thinking of your family. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are still on target for the 30th! I can't imagine the stress but I love that you are keeping perspective regarding the families in the emergency situations. Hoping everything stays on track and Hannah is off to a swift recovery this week.

    ReplyDelete