Thursday, April 30, 2015

We're In It... [Surgery Update]

First: Hannah is doing well so far. We’re waiting to hear she’s on the bypass machine okay and then they’ll start the actual heart repair. The actual repair takes less time than getting on/off the bypass machine. 

I can’t believe we’re finally sitting in the waiting room.

This morning went by fast yet drug. I woke up at 2:15 and was awake for an hour then my alarm went off at 3:45am. Zzzz. 

We left the house at 5am because we were told [and my paperwork said] bloodwork at 6am. Once we were here and the nurse was going through Pre-Op stats, we learned surgery wasn’t until 10am - !! The head nurse explained they have so many surgeries happening in tandem that if an early one cancels, they can keep the train moving. He explained it better - it made sense. I was still really tired. 

They said they were going to draw her blood once she was in the OR and under anesthesia, but then they changed their minds because that could take too much time and ended up drawing blood. As you all know, our favorite event. Our friend from last week was here again and remembered us! It was an ordeal once again, they swaddled her tight and restrained her a bit while I feebly attempted to soothe her. It was awful and it made me cry seeing her so upset before leaving her. 

The anesthesiologists came to the exam room to take us to the OR a bit after 10am. [We were in that exam room 4 1/2 hours] They were super sweet as we handed Hannah over to them. The reassured me they would take good care of her as I struggled to hold my sobs back. The one anesthesiologist gave me a hug which I really appreciated. 

We’ll be sitting here for a good 5 more hours I’m sure so I’ll update later...

Thank you for all the prayers - Hannah is our strong little warrior! 

1 comment: