Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hannah: Hearing Appointment

18 Weeks

Friday the 2nd, Hannah had her second hearing test [her first was in the NICU]. As always, I was nervous; the test was at 8am and the instructions were to keep your child awake until they arrived so that they can SLEEP through the test - are you serious? Trying to control her awake/sleepiness?? * Groan *

I fed Hannah and she was obviously asleep in the car to the appointment. She woke up there, but as a mother, I knew Hannah was still sleepy...

The audiologist was nice enough but smelled of cigarette smoke - nice. Poor Hannah had these tiny earbuds shoved in her ears so she essentially screamed for a while and I had to console her so she was calm enough for the first readings. 

Then I had to sit there in a tiny room with a crap chair with no arm support, trying to get Hannah comfortable enough to sleep - about 40 minutes. It was rough - between the crying and me singing in front of a stranger [I didn’t care!] - I was worn. 

Hannah finally slept for a bit that the test was good; the audiologist said, “Her hearing is about as normal as it gets,” which didn’t feel like a professional response, but I’ll take it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment