Sunday, January 25, 2015

Feeding Time

20 Weeks

I thought friends/family would be curious how we feed Hannah since she takes nothing by mouth anymore. 

The speech therapist assures me these babies pick it back up after surgery, but I still get worried - we have another 6 weeks before our scheduled date and Hannah is taking nothing by mouth. 

I still give her a few drops by mouth just so she doesn’t forget she’s supposed to eat by mouth, not by tube. 

We’ve become very used to it and I remember the first week with the mic key and how nervous I was. I dream about the day that button is gone and Hannah can wear regular outfits again. We only dress her in sleepers to that we have easy access to the button. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing and thank goodness for technology and modern medicine!

    ReplyDelete