Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Reality Is Setting In...

36 Weeks

Reality is starting to set in... like, “Oh snap - Hannah could be here next week.” Tim said he was looking forward to a 3-day weekend and I keep forgetting it’s a holiday weekend. In my head it’s the last weekend to get stuff done before Hannah arrives! [This isn’t necessarily true - we do not know when she’ll come.]

Let’s clean/vacuum my car. Let’s trim the long grass at the end of the driveway. Let’s wash the dog. Last trip to the Farmers’ Market for a while. Do we need anything from the children’s resale shop? I need some canisters at the Container Store...

I’m nervous about everything. I’m nervous about the possibility of induction. I’m nervous about how to split our time between the girls on weekend while Hannah is in the NICU. I’m already nervous about how to keep Nora occupied while I feed Hannah. [It’s not as easy as telling her, “Oh just go look at some books.”] In my head I’m an anxious person... I’m pretty sure I don’t come across that way - ? 

We want to squeeze in the last weekend of “just-Nora-time.” Then it’s a switch to Time-Between-Two-Children - a new art form to learn! Of course, I’m being a little dramatic. Two children is nothing to some families we know : ) 

Just anxious realizing next weekend has the possibility of being a family of 4 - !?




1 comment:

  1. Deep breath! It will be ok. Everyone is ready to jump in for whatever you need. Can't wait to say hello to precious Hannah! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete