Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nora will have a Little...

20 Weeks

SISTER! 

Wheeee! We are extremely excited and Tim and I both secretly were hoping for a girl - neither of us really said so either. We can now re-use all the girl clothes in the basement. Not to mention we have “experience” with a girl : )

She was moving a LOT. The technician asked if I’d had caffeine this morning - whoops! Baby Girl moved so much that the technician couldn’t get a good read on her heart, specifically a valve/artery for exiting blood (Sorry, I was really trying to listen well, it was medical words I’m not used to) . 

The second item notated was that one of her brain ventricles was measuring a little on the higher end of normal. Based on these two items, I was given an order for a Level 2 ultrasound to get a better read on her head and heart. Frankly, I’m really anxious about it. I know everyone is going to say “It’ll be just fine,” but no one is going to ease my mind until after Monday afternoon’s appointment. 

I briefly went on some baby message boards and found this isn’t uncommon and tends to work out just fine. This is still my baby though, and I’m going to worry - it’s what we do. 

All the rest of her measurements were right on track.

Positive thoughts, prayers or whatever your form of good vibes towards us are welcome : )

She already looks like Nora!
Frankly, this is creepy.

Hello arm and hand!

Runnin’ legs!


3 comments:

  1. Glad we agree on that second photo...my first reaction, "EEEEEK, eyes!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another girl! She is precious already! Of course you will worry, that's normal! Prayers & positive thoughts for our little one! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you some prayers and positive thoughts, it's so hard not to worry!

    ReplyDelete