Saturday, May 3, 2014

Halfsies

20 Weeks

Halfway baked, ya’ll! This pregnancy is going fast. I think. I still want a beer. I had another bout of indigestion this week. I’m convinced decaf coffee is to blame. That stuff isn’t worth squat, man. 

Nora keeps getting funnier - Friday morning Nora asked us, “Do you want to see my salsa beat?” I did a double-take. “Did you just ask if we want to see your salsa beat?” 
“Uh-huh.”
“Okay!”
Then she tapped the top of her head with her hands and Tim and I laughed incredibly hard. 

The goofball did not fall asleep last night until nearly 10pm - what the hell. Of course, she still got up at 6:12am. I left Tim to sleep in on his birthday. 

I went for a run around 11am. It was beautiful outside, I was feeling good… until mile 2.5 when I started feeling a strain in my lower abdomen. NOooooo! 20 Week belly making itself known. I walked the rest of the way home, bummed, but knowing you do not work through the pain while pregnant and running. I’m not sure whether this is the beginning of the end of running for now, or it was just a fluke day. 

Nora took a good long nap and afterwards we headed to downtown Loveland to eat a casual birthday dinner at Julien’s next to the bike path. Afterward we played on the playground a bit. Got home and gave Tim his birthday gift - a corded power drill, growler from 50 West and cupcakes from the Sweeterie in Mariemont. 

Hopefully Tim had a good day. Tomorrow brings the nephews to help Tim erase the rest of the mulch pile!



No comments:

Post a Comment