Sunday, May 11, 2014

DIY - Hall Nook

Once again, our home is nearly 35 years old. The hall closet doors fell off the hinges - again - about 2 months or so ago. This prompted me to proceed with my idea for a hall nook. I’d seen some ideas on Pinterest [of course] and while we are NOT handy enough to make shelves and built-in benches, we could get close enough. 

Tim filled and sanded holes, I painted [no VOC paint of course], Tim put the shelf back in and we purchased pieces to organize. The bench has come just in the knick of time - I can’t keep sitting on the floor to put my shoes on! Not to mention it will be a great place to rest a pumpkin seat while coming in from the garage. 

Last night Tim and I laid down peel-n-stick flooring. The cheapest and least labor, plus it will be buried under baskets and the bench so no one will see it. 

I’d still like to get some wall baskets for the sides, but still extremely happy with how clean and tidy it is!

BEFORE: Putty colored walls, carpet on the floor

AFTER: White walls, clean & tidy

No comments:

Post a Comment