Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Weekend - Sunday

Saturday was spent running errands and prepping for today: painting our chocolate brown kitchen white. The trickiest of all paint challenges. I do like our kitchen, but have visions of how I’m going to update it a bit and this is the first step. The brown is so dark and I just wanted more light. Between the floors and the cabinets, I just decided straight white would achieve my goal.

My paint priorities were Low Odor and NO VOC. Paint + Primer. Valspar fit the bill. Mom & Dad graciously came down; Mom watched Nora and Dad volunteered as a 3rd set of hands which made this entire day sail pretty smoothly. 

Reading with Grammy


Dad the Paint Rockstar

Ailo lends a hand


Dad and Mom primed and painted their new home - Dad guessed around 50 gallons they went through - ! So I knew we were in good hands. I learned a lot of tips and tricks today for future paint jobs. 

I was floored that we made it with 2 gallons! Dad is generous in his rolling, so we only needed 2 coats of rolled paint and 3 coats of trim paint. Wow! 

I’m extremely happy with the results and plan on getting some colorful accents - mainly dish towels. 

Today’s accomplishment made me ready to attack the upstairs bathrooms - smaller feats!

Eat-in BEFORE

Eat-in AFTER

Counter side BEFORE

Eat-in AFTER







2 comments:

  1. it does look better! fresher! i was wondering how many coats it took... not too bad!

    ReplyDelete