Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lessons in Cloth Diapers...

5 Weeks


• Nora has been cooing and making more “baby” noises - it’s fun to hear and we’re eager to get a real response from her in the form of a smile!


• Sleeping is obviously still not on a schedule... I’m at least getting used to being up two times a night though. 


• She’s still not a pooper! She goes about once a week but is not constipated and there are no obstructions. It’s strange. So we poke her with the thermometer once a week to get things going. And boy does it work!


• We finally started the cloth diapers! They seemed really large even though they’re One Size - and still are a bit bulky on her - makes her clothes fit tight. So far, they seem to work great! The cloth inserts really soak up the pee well. 


And of course after we poked her bum with the thermometer on Monday PM, she saved up a big BM for Mommy on Tuesday PM. It was pretty awful and I was bumbling all over the place because I wasn’t quite prepared [no liner in the small pail for poopy wipes!]. I actually left the poopy diaper in the sink because I couldn’t step away from Nora to clean it! So when Tim got home, I handed her off and used the very handy sprayer [highly recommend if you’re going cloth!] attachment to rinse off the diaper in the toilet and get the laundry going. 


Cloth diapers are more “green” in that I decided I don’t want to make the extra landfill waste. However, we’re using more water to clean them every day. I guess it’s your choice which you feel is the lesser evil!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry too much about the not pooping thing. Lyla would go up to 10 days before she started food. i'm impressed she's sleeping so well and you're only getting up twice a night. That's great!

    ReplyDelete