Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Artistry of Naps

7 Weeks


Frustration: Nora fights naps. At least for me. She can fall asleep easily in Nana and Grandma’s arms but I get fussy and crying Nora. Supposedly there are signals I should be seeing to lay her down and she’ll simply fall asleep - ? I don’t seem to be hitting this window at the right time and it’s trying my patience and emotions as a good Mother.


So this week I’ll be experimenting laying her down at different times after being awake and see if she can put herself to sleep instead of me calming her down out of her fussiness. 


Wish me luck and please pass on any advice!



1 comment:

  1. oh honey! every child is different. Relax, and don't be hard on yourself. you are doing just fine. Let her sleep in your arms if you must. Right now she is too little to spoil, so enjoy it and take a nap with her. Try different places she doesn't have to sleep in the crib or bassinet for naps, maybe she's a car sleeper, or the movement of the stroller you could get some jogging in at the same time, or the swing, the bouncey seat, my kids did not like to sleep on their backs in a crib at this age, they are tummy sleepers though I didn't dare let them until the could roll over. I did let them sleep on their sides. Just keep trying, It will get easier. I know some days are harder than others but you'll figure it out. The trick to getting my kids down for a peaceful nap is finding the time before they are too sleepy. If i wait until they are really tired they fight it. Which makes no sense at all right? The first eye rubbing, or the sleepy gaze, maybe it's right after she eats. It's subtle, but I think you will start to see it. You are doing awesome!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete