Sunday, January 15, 2012

6 Weeks!

Well we made it to the 6-week mark. We’re being realistic and not expecting any major changes from Nora quite yet. She is making a lot more noises - cooing and testing out her vocals - been cute! She’s very alert now and holds her head up well when we hold her up on our shoulders. The past 3 days have been somewhat consistent [!] - bedtime around 7:30/8pm, eats at 12am, 4am and 8am - do I sense a routine starting?? 


New revelation in cloth diapers. Our daughter pees. A lot and in large quantities. And unfortunately she’s leaked out the back twice now in her Bum Genius.’ So we’ve already moved her to the larger inserts which are supposed to be for when she grows larger, but her mass quantities of pee are deeming it necessary to upgrade. 


Nora is also starting to finally follow objects with her eyes - slowly beginning to stare at us and did a good job watching the toys above her on the playmat. And every now and then we get a genuine emotional response from her in smiles! 

I’m glad she’s growing up - the first 6 weeks have been a challenge to me, so I’m excited to start more of a playing/communication exchange with her!

Tummy Time with Nora!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You're doing awesome, Stine! I really enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with Nora's progress. I think of you guys often. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember at 6 weeks thinking I've got a hang of this and at the same time was thankful for 4 more weeks of maternity leave. I couldn't imagine going back to work.

    ReplyDelete