Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Testing, Testing...

I went to bed at 9:10 last night because I had to get up at 5:15 for a 7am meeting with a client in Singapore. Awesome, yeah?


I’ve been sleeping on my left side for months now. I woke up at 11pm in pain - just on my lower left side. It felt “uterine” - not stomach or intestine. And I was pretty sure it wasn’t a contraction - this pain was constant, not coming and going, slightly piercing if I moved a certain way. After about 15 minutes, Tim called the Doctor’s office - I told them it was a constant pain, but subsided when I walked around. They said to drink some water and Gatorade and walk it off.


I continued that for about an hour. Tim was really great and calm and was doing his best to relax me with foot reflexology.


Finally around 12:30am I just wanted to lie down and went down on my right side and the pain went away. I didn’t know what it was, but it rattled me a bit. 


Called the Doctor’s office again this morning and the office manager said the baby was most likely in an awkward position - on a nerve or round ligament which can take a while to shake out, and is usually piercing or burning - that it was! 


Last night felt like a test - I think Tim passed better than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment