Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Continuing Traditions

35 Weeks


I saw an article about homemade Play-Doh and it reminded me of how creative my Mom was when we were kids and she entertained us with crafts - she actually made her own Play-Doh that was completely safe - so much that I remember licking it and it being very salty!


She also bought Dixie Cups with Smurfs on and we’d cut the cups up and take old computer paper [with the green and white lines!] and Stephanie and I would create homes and trails for our cut out Smurfs to walk along. 


I’m also trying to build The Boot’s library and fill it with classic books I loved - I stumbled over Richard Scarry today! 


I’ve also been trying to sing a morning song on my drive to the bus - my Mom sang us a song in the mornings that I’ve already been singing to BGK in my belly. 


It’s endearing how these memories stick with you and grow with you when you become a Mother yourself.


2 comments:

  1. did you see they updated the book from the 70s version? we have the 70s version and it's "funny" in parts. anyway, i find myself continuing traditions that i loved growing up. it's so fun being able to recreate the best parts of your childhood and share them with your kids! you are going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the photo of you and I and the drawing of our Smurf city. You with your bowl haircut and me with overalls, a cold-sore inhibiting me to fully smile and a cut-out Smurf in my pocket. We may have to recreate this when she's older.

    ReplyDelete