Friday, September 16, 2011

You Are Going Deeper...

Our first Hypnobirthing class was great - only 5 other couples so it feels more “intimate.” All ranges of ages and people. 


It was a nice mix of information about the benefits and stats of a calm, relaxed birth and we even started relaxation practices... it will take some training, but I feel good - I shouldn’t try sitting up with crossed legs because my foot fell asleep! 


We walked away with a CD - the first half [25 mins] is just verbal affirmations such as “My body is in control.” “I become increasingly relaxed as my birth progresses.” So yes - cheesy, but I want this stuff ingrained into my subconsious! 


So the second half of the disc is a 25 minute “hypnosis/deep relaxation” that I’ll listen to before bed every night. The same woman simply talks about waves of relaxation moving over parts of your body and as I got comfy, I listened and tried to put my mind there... well it worked because I don’t even remember getting to the end of the session! 


I’ve got these bad boys on my iPod and plan on taking it to the hospital with me! 


Let’s do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment