Monday, September 26, 2011

NOW I feel like a grown-up

I’ve been driving a ‘98 Corolla since my senior year of college. Nearly 10 years. And lately when I’ve driven it - I feel like I’m still in college, and not in a good way.

I knew I wanted a car with a hatchback and have always had my eye on Subaru Outbacks - the Matrix has made us both dependent on that sweet uplifting door. I also wanted fairly safe and decent mileage even though I think I’ll be continuing with the bus. AND Subaru is known for being a little “greener” than most auto companies which is always a plus in my book.

So we went to test drive one we found online at Busom Subaru in Fairfield - it felt really comfortable and safe and drove well - I was pretty much sold. The amount of room is amazing - Pack-n-Plays, diapers bags and one goofy dog could all fit in there : )

We talked numbers and I was happy with where we netted out - I’m a “new” car owner for the first time in my life! It’s a 2011 Outback, graphite grey, and was used as their service loaner so it has about 7,200 miles, therefore was more affordable than a brand-spankin’ new one.

Despite owning a home, being married and pregnant, for some reason this car finally makes me feel like an adult - funny, huh?

3 comments:

  1. congrats! love subarus. especially if you pronounce it like will ferrell in welshley arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be on guard in my driveway!!! It's pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete