Tuesday, November 9, 2021

COVID Rd.2 Update

 So we decided to test the girls on Saturday after we got free tests dropped off by our local library (a very nice perk). I think Hannah was acting a bit off Saturday which prompted us. 

Both girls’ tests were positive. Which I think we were glad - ? It immediately nixed my isolation. If the girls are I were positive, Tim had been around us for DAYS by then and had already been exposed plenty. So at least we could congregate together. 



Hannah had a fever for maybe a day if not less. It peaked at 100.2˚. Nora’s only symptoms looking back at the week was a sore throat and aches back on Monday the 1st. 

I’m on Day 10 of having symptoms/side effects. My cough has not subsided and I know some people have it for a while after the virus leaves. I still cannot taste or smell. I’m trying to read up and some folks use mouthwash daily, others just eat intense-flavored foods every day to train their tastebuds. Today I had brown rice, a fried egg, and threw pico de gallo on top with lots of raw onion and some chili lime salt. It hit hard; my sinuses were burning. Then I ate a small amount of mac-n-cheese and I swear I could taste it a bit better. 

I can taste salty, sweet, and bitter profiles, but not the detailed flavor. It’s hard to explain. 


My quarantine ends Thursday. But the girls will end Friday, so Thursday we have to both work from home and manage their schoolwork. 

Tim had to move two days of PTO and take 3 days unpaid leave to manage the girls while I still worked from home. It’s a lot to move around for a working family who gets hit. 

As disruptive as this has all been and as hard as it hit me, I’m glad we’re all okay and now we’ll have a great gift for the holiday season: immunity 🥴

No comments:

Post a Comment