Thursday, February 28, 2019

Care Packages

Flu season is no joke, especially for those in the Ds community. I’ve mentioned before, we don’t take sniffles and coughs lightly around Hannah.

One of Hannah’s preschool peers is currently inpatient at Children’s recovering from the flu; her oxygen isn’t quite stabilizing. A second littler guy who we don’t know personally was admitted for flu symptoms and now is septic which is even scarier. He’s okay, but up and down with his fever and oxygen. 

Since Hannah’s friend lives here in Milford and I always see Jessica (Mom) at running races, I really wanted to give them a care package. I’ve done this twice now for other families, both in the NICU after birth. 

Here’s what I get:


  • Notepad
  • Pens
  • Magazine
  • Scented Antibac Gel
  • Lotion
  • Tissues
  • Gum/Mints
  • Snack Bars/Nuts
  • Water
  • Lip Balm


If the child is older, then I’ll get trinkets:


  • Small book
  • Activity book
  • Washable Markers
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Small plush toy


The Moms have always been thankful. I know my experiences in the hospital can be lonely and you feel like a trapped animal. It’s the least anyone can do!


No comments:

Post a Comment