Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Filling In The Gaps

Last weekend/week was hard. 
I need to fill in the gaps where the good happened:

Friday: PT with Hannah - orthotics fitting was uneventful. Tons of patterns to choose from - I went with peace signs : ) 


PT was great - Kayla was amazed at the progress Hannah has made. 

Don’t mind my dry-eyepatch-skin.

Walk it Girl!

PT looks like a lot of playing!

Saturday I was up at 5:15 to eat/digest before my Hudy 14K at 8am. Ran with my close friend and her hubby. 

I love the 14/15Ks - 8-9 miles is perfect for me - farther than a 10K, but not as much as a half. Though it was hot! Low 70s at 8am is too warm for a race. We were all drenched in sweat. I think my final time was somewhere around a 10:40 pace which is decent - faster than my daily runs : P

The after party was fun - drinking a beer after a race actually isn’t that pleasant, I just feel it’s the novelty of the whole experience. 




Tim took the girls to see their Aunt Kathy and Cousin Izzie who were in town for Cousin Megan’s wedding. 

Izzie helping Hannah along!



I think we all convened at the house by 1pm, Hannah napped, then we had to be out of the house by 4pm for the 5pm wedding. It was a very nice wedding - I just wish I could have enjoyed it. Honestly - have you taken a 4 1/2 and two year old to an outdoor wedding? I was lucky to have a 5-minute conversation with anyone. At least Nora is on the cusp of being able to run around with the other kids and not need to be watched every second. Hannah however is at that awkward phase where she wants to walk everywhere but can’t - and holding/carrying her was just plain exhausting. 

The wee generation

Keeping Hannah happy

Happy H, Mom's arms hurt!


We pushed until about 8:30. I was shocked Hannah didn’t fall asleep on the way home - overtired. 

Sunday 8AM I got groceries before the next wind of events. Shaw Farms down the road at 10AM - Molly was in town and wanted to see a fall festival [she resides in L.A.] - thankfully one of the best is nice and close. 

Again, not fall weather in the upper 70s/low 80s. We took a fun hayride that lasted a good length of time and was entertaining with a surprise smattering of ghouls : )








So scary!! Haha!

Now you can backtrack and see how this day ended: Sunday Goes Down



No comments:

Post a Comment