Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Cough That Didn’t End...

Wow, sick season came with a vengeance, eh? I’ve been told more than once that Tha Sickness is around Cincinnati already... our house is proof. 

The supposed 10-day virus that was supposed to wrap up last week... Nora kicked it, Hannah’s cough lingered. 

This past weekend was pretty busy which probably didn’t help things, we saw many people. 

Sunday we tried a 2nd time [1st time was a rain-out] to go to Shaw Farms... Nora didn’t seem like herself; very quiet, reserved.




We got home and both girls slept in the afternoon [!]. 

Nora woke up and was just not herself... and sluggish. Said her stomach hurt. 99˚ fever. She spent the rest of the day not saying a peep and laying on the couch. Went to bed around 7pm.

She woke up Monday saying her legs and arms “hurt” - achey? She didn’t have a fever. I thought I had a 10am meeting with a crunch deadline, so I made the decision to take the girls to the the sitter. Hindsight, they should have stayed home : (  Making those calls that fast before getting out the door sucks. I already take off enough times for Hannah, so if the girls aren’t super sick, they’re fine going to the sitter. 

Well, Nora wasn’t great and then later that AM my sitter called to say Hannah had a 102˚ fever - what?? Curveball! It spiked again that PM  to 103˚ while I was trying to wrap up work and get a pediatrician appointment.

I got to the girls around 4pm and headed to the Ped for a 4:30 appointment. The waiting room was a zoo - I’d never seen it that crowded; people sitting on the floor. It was warm in there and all I could think about were the germs floating around. 

We finally got back around 5pm. Hannah’s ears and chest were fine - “just” another virus to maintain symptoms. 

Monday made me feel like a crap Mom... I’m almost 4 years into this and I still second-guess myself all the time. I did not have that meeting nor pressing work on Monday; I could have stayed home ... but I didn’t know Hannah had another creeper. 

Tim stayed home Tuesday thankfully so the girls could rest. Nora was back to herself with a vengeance. Hannah’s fever hasn’t reared its ugly head. And I was able to sleep from 10pm-4am today which is a good stretch lately. 

I * think * we’re on the mend. 


2 comments:

  1. Ack. These little humans are stressful but Hannah seems to love Target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie I thought of you Monday night because Hannah's fever spiked in a 1/2 hour... I had put a cold cloth on her head while we waited for the meds to kick in... she was shaking just a little. I thought of you and Iris : (

      Delete