Sunday, August 11, 2013

Relaxing Weekend

20 Months, Week 1

After being gone from Nora almost all of last weekend, it was great to have zero plans this weekend. 

I actually was able to slip out of work before 4:30 on Friday and went to Old Navy for some clearance action - bad [awesome?] news. I ended up spending more than I wanted AND opened a credit card for the extra savings. My bill was the same amount of money I saved. Damn you, Old Navy. But I’ll tell you what - clothes shopping alone? Fantastic. 

I needed a few drinks and chips, so since I was by Kenwood, I stopped in Trader Joes for the first time [did you read that, Sue? First. Time.] It was so much smaller and non-branded than I expected inside - felt very “local market” inside. Not a lot of selection, but what I found was cheap and good. Maybe other Fridays I leave early I can do the same!

Tim and Nora weren’t home from Nana’s until close to 7:30 so I even cleaned the bathrooms waiting on them! Nora had a great day at Nana’s:


My hippie chick!

Saturday after my morning run, we decided to hit the Sharonville pool - despite the overcast morning, it cleared and it was a beautiful afternoon. William & Evelyn were able to join us which was fun! Nora enjoyed the water much more this visit and even dipped her head repeatedly in the fountains and went down the slide with Daddy multiple times. 


The only time Mommy went down the slide!

Krons at the pool!

Today was also nice and quiet. Just some errands and yard work and playing with Nora as she becomes cheekier. She’s very big into Sesame Street [I’m sure in 2 weeks she’ll be dis-interested]. Tim and I both had the “Wubba Wubba” song stuck in our head after she went to bed and listened to “C is for Cookie” more than we could stand. 

Nora also repeatedly said “Hey Tim!” After hearing me call for Tim. Guess I can only call him “Daddy” in the house - ! 



1 comment: