Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Half Marathon - Check.

10 Months, Week 3

Saturday morning we were up and out by 7am down to Sawyer Point. The Cincy Half is a newer and small race which in some points is nice. 

It was the perfect temperature - 50˚ which means no gloves or ear warmers for me. [You dress for 10˚ warmer when you’re running] I started out “slow” so I could stay steady throughout. I actually stopped at a port-o-let at mile 2 to pee! Thankfully I regained my distance quickly, passing people. I actually passed people frequently which made me feel good. 

We ran a bit west, than a bit North and back through downtown which was about halfway. Then we headed out East on Riverside Drive - a nice flat way out... 

The last two miles were a bit rough - I could feel my body stiffening up and slowing down. It really became mental then and your body is just on autopilot. We had about a mile though Friendship Park and the crowd got thicker with cheering. 

Then I saw the finish line and there was Nora and Tim cheering me on! 

I finished in 2hours, 5 minutes which is about a 9:45 mile - very proud of myself! I was aiming for 2hr, 10 min. 

I was so hungry and very cold - my immediate need was carbs and a hot coffee : ) 

Looking forward to the Half Pig in May!

Warm and bundled up!



Nora congratulates me!

Exhausted after 2+ hrs of running!

My great friend Anne who is also a running nut : )

1 comment: