Monday, December 19, 2011

We Caved

2 Weeks Old


Nora is back to birth weight - go girl! Very relieved to know she’s getting enough food. Our pediatrician also told us to give her an extra 2oz after her 10pm feeding [like we have a schedule??]. So we’ve been doing that every night this week between 10-11pm and she sleeps for a 4-hr chunk - woo! Then she’s typically awake from 3am-5am and sleeps again until around 7:30 on average. We’re pretty thankful.

Mid week though, we were getting a little desperate for evening soothing techniques. You can only “shush” so much until your mouth starts to go dry and swell up. The vacume and dustbuster are decent options - not to mention I can get cleaning done. However, we broke down and plugged her with a pacifier. I’ve read so many varying opinions on pacifiers and really didn’t want to create a habit, but, damn if you want to soothe your baby it works! We’d rather try and break that habit with a child who can respond than deal with a crying baby now! 


I also completely revise my breastfeeding goal. One year? My God, I’ll be excited if I make it 6 months. The time it takes, not to mention to create a stock pile in your freezer? Insane. I don’t mind the feeding,  honestly, I just truly think I won’t be able to keep up! But like everything, I’m trying to take it day-by-day and week-by-week. 


1 comment:

  1. i've done a ton of things i never thought i'd do as a parent. it all gets better and easier. you are doing sooo good! i'm impressed! those first two weeks with toshi were the hardest two weeks of my life.

    ReplyDelete