Saturday, March 26, 2016

This 'N' That

Hannah is now sticking her finger in her nose. She’s not digging, I think it’s just a new sensation.

Thursday morning I got Nora’s outfit together for her preschool Easter Egg hunt. A cute patterned dress. Nora looked at it, threw it on the ground and said, “Mommy, this dress is too FANCY. Easter is about JESUS.” ... Wow. Noted. I got her a skirt instead.

We had a difficult evening with Nora this past Thursday... did you know Nora has a strong personality?? [sarcasm] She packed up her lunchbox and backpack and said she was going to Florida. Okay, girl. This photo shows what she packed in the lunchbox - you never know when you’ll need to shiv someone! 



I ran the Heart Mini ... three weeks ago now? A 15K [9.4 miles] - it’s my favorite distance because I don’t have to train “too” hard. I’d like to make it my yearly tradition since Hannah’s heart has been repaired and I know so many whose hearts are also repaired or struggled. Last year it was about 35˚ and I had a PR [personal record] of about 9:37 pace. This year was cloudy and about 60˚, however they scheduled it on Daylight Savings [!!!] and added a brutal 1/4 mile uphill. Everyone I talked to had a hard race. My pace was a minute slower than last year! I’m just glad the rain held out. 




Ailo turned seven on St. Patrick’s Day - we rescued him on St. Patty’s in 2010 : ) Still think we hit the jackpot with him; great with kids, easy-temperment, and a soft-cuddlebug. I’d clone him if I could!



And in super small house updates, Tim is swapping out the original, old beat up registers with new ones. Our living room paint color came with the house and you don’t really notice it during the day with sunshine. At night, with more lights on, it is GREEN. In a bad, not-calming way. Some day we’ll get around to re-painting it. 





DIY doesn’t happen anymore - a four-year-old who wants to help and taking care of the 18-mo old. It basically happens when one or both are sleeping now days!

I’ll admit, she watches more TV than she should, but her imagination and self-play is still fantastic.

Two birds with one stone!


Eating at our friend’s, the Sheehan’s house!

Ava + Nora

I love cooking. Fridays have become crockpot days for ease. However, adding a WHOLE box of pasta to the minestrone is NOT what the recipe called for, Christine!! DOH!

1 comment:

  1. Nora's runaway lunch box made me laugh! What a kid!!

    ReplyDelete