Wednesday, February 17, 2016

One of Them Days

Today Hannah had a 7:30 EKG and a follow up with her Cardiologist, Dr. Kimball. Everyone was out of the house by 6:30am. Zzz.

Like I’ve said, EKGs are easy - just some stickers everywhere with clips that read her heart [?]. I should be more educated on it by now, shouldn’t I?

*Edit: EKG is the process of recording the electrical activity of the heart over a period of time using electrodes placed on a patient's body. These electrodes detect the tiny electrical changes on the skin that arise from the heart muscle depolarizing during each heartbeat.


Hannah did great [other than being a super-wiggly 17-mo old]. She has minor leakage with her valves which is expected after her surgery - it’s of no concern unless it gets worse which Kimball does not anticipate.




Oh look, the g-tube is IN.


Tim took Hannah back to sitter and I drove 2 miles down to my office. 

Around 12pm I got the call from our sitter we’ve been waiting 17 months for; Hannah’s g-tube came out. !@#$%^&* This actually isn’t uncommon; kids can pull them out, balloon deteriorates, etc. 





I guess Alison was tube feeding Hannah, her guess is she was pushing to hard and pressure built up that made it pop out? The g-tube was still inflated when it came out! The hole is maybe the tip of my pinky finger. Somehow it came out and Hannah didn’t even cry or react - ?! 

Either way, I’m incredibly happy I have a Mother-In-Law who lives close by. Dottie met me at our house. Alison had just taped some gauze over Hannah’s hole and had to get the big kids to preschool, then came to give us Hannah. 

The whole ordeal lasted under 1 hour - but given too much time, that hole could have closed up and thank the powers above it did not. Hannah cried pretty hard as Dottie made a few tries to get it back through. She gets over it quickly though. 

*Dottie once again - thank you for saving our butts and being there for us! 

And on a more fun, cute note: Hannah has learned to blow kisses thanks to Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy! We had just been talking about *if* her tube came out! Dottie FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I was able to help. Luckily it hadn't closed up all the way. Worst part was hearing my angel cry while inserting it. That never gets easy! Call anytime! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete