Monday, May 4, 2015

Recovery Day 3 [Sunday]

Well sleep was about what I expected - ? I got about 3 chunks of sleep. The longest was probably 12am-3:30am. Sigh. The pull out loveseat wasn’t awful - glad I brought my own pillow. 

I was pumped, dressed and getting coffee and a bagel before 7am. The weekends here are a ghost town. Lonely, really. I think I prefer the bustle. 

Hannah woke up with all smiles. We had a nice morning and I was going to leave at 9:30 when at 9:25 came an older woman to sweep us in a wheelchair to get an x-ray - Doh! They *were* quick and Hannah screamed of course. 

I was almost to the garage when I forgot my keys in Hannah’s room. Then I balked at which direction to head home. I should have taken 71 N through Maderia and Indian Hill. Instead I headed south into Flying Pig traffic nightmare. 471 South? Nope. Columbia Parkway? You wish. I headed up 75N over to 71 and through my neighborhoods. But of course, Madeira’s main drag was shut down for an art fair. Are you flipping kidding me? 

I spent my afternoon with Nora, however, now that she’s out of her month-long quarantine, she now had an epic cold; congestion, snot, blah. So she was a big cranky mess for me. No fun after 3 days of not seeing her! 

And in the middle of my attempts to soothe the big one, Tim called to let me know the words “discharge” are happening with Hannah already. 


So I’m back at the hospital tonight since it looks like it could be our last night here - ! Shhh no jinxy.


No comments:

Post a Comment