Tuesday, May 5, 2015

On Running

I’ve run two races “alone” now - arrive by myself, not running with any friends, finished, then scoot on home. It’s not quite as fun but getting little ones to cheer on Mom is just a little too much right now : ) I’m sure in a year or so Nora can come with Daddy at least sit still [maybe] and cheer me on. 
The Pig 10K was nice and fairly short. I found my photo proof and balked; people always joke how their running photos look way worse than they do on a “normal” day - it’s true - haha!



I’m shocked at how “fast” I’ve become - I’m consistently around a 9:45-9:35 mile and it feels great! I think prior to getting pregnant I was hovering around a 10-minute mile. 

I’m already signed up for the Queen Bee Half in early October - I’ll have to really strategize to get 3 runs in a week! 



3 comments:

  1. Maybe needing to get back to the "mom job" has caused you to pick up the pace. :) That's an impressive run! Perhaps over the summer we could meet up at Sharon Woods for some runs while the dads chase the kiddos at the playground??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You are just getting more and more efficient!

    ReplyDelete