Tuesday, March 3, 2015

6 More Weeks

Of winter? No - until we can schedule surgery again because Hannah tested positive for Rhinovirus - a.k.a. the common cold. 

My weekend ended real nice and the past 36 hours have been suck.

Yesterday was filled with phone calls and running around to get Hannah a viral swab. Missed half a day of work for that. 

Last night was brutal - Hannah coughed most of the night. Then Nora decided to jump in and refused to sleep in her room from 3-4:30am. Bless Tim’s heart, he helped and laid with her a few times. My total sleep was about 4 hours. 

So with the lack of sleep and the news that we have to wait another 6 weeks, I locked myself in a bathroom stall at work and cried. Like a lot of women, I don’t like crying at work. I thought I’d shaken it off, but when a coworker came up not 15 minutes later and asked how I was doing, I lost it again. I’m thankful to have a handful of other Moms here who are supportive and reassured me with caring words: “Tim will be all healed by then!” “It will be warm and sunny, no more snow!” They made me feel a lot better. 

I’m still frustrated though; again, one of my biggest fears is Hannah falling behind even further with her feedings. At this rate, I’m not sure she’ll be able to try solids until she’s 8 months old... 

Trying to stay focused on the positive - there are a lot worse things to deal with in this life, I’m just in the middle of a hairy few weeks... 

Right now I just want 6 hours of consecutive sleep.

Thanks for everyone’s supportive words... 

No comments:

Post a Comment