Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Epic Pink Wall Tale...

We thought we’d give Nora a treat and paint one of her walls. I agreed to let go of some control and allow one pink wall. Which of course means I wanted coral. 

We got the paint and I taped up the wall [I prefer taping, Tim prefers rolling]. 

Nora was doing fairly well gently assisting Tim while I was tidying downstairs, Hannah in her swing. 

Leaving her puzzle behind, Nora went upstairs during the process and I heard a scuffle followed by Tim bellowing, “CHRISTIIIIINE!”

Sh*t.

I ran upstairs to find Nora crying with her head hanging, foot covered in pink paint which was also slightly splattered on the carpet. !@#$ She stepped in the paint tray. I whisked her to the tub to clean up, she was very sorry for what she did, so I did not scold, but told her she needed to listen to Daddy. 

Meanwhile, in a rush to clean up, Tim grabbed Spot Shot - a carpet cleaner that should not even be in our house due to the toxicity of it... after spending time attempting a clean-up [which was futile], Tim felt sick after being in the room with it for a short amount of time.

Spot Shot is awful - fumes worse than paint in my opinion [but of course we used No-VOC paint]. Tim regretted his knee-jerk reaction, tried to neutralize it with soap and water to no avail. 

I told Tim to cut up the carpet. 

I would rather have paint on the carpet than those fumes in my house. I am that cuckoo about what my family inhales. Tim cut a hole in the “poison” area and we went out and bought a carpet pad and rug for Nora’s bedroom. It’s a bandage for who knows how long. 

Nora slept in our room that night because there were still slight odors. Luckily it was slightly mild outside so we kept her window open and a fan blowing for a good 24+ hours. 

So needless to say last Saturday was a bust. However, Nora’s one pink/coral wall is nice and very bright [!] and full of Minnie Mouse wall decals. I never thought I’d have this girly of a girl... 






1 comment: