Sunday, February 8, 2015

5 Months!

Did you realize time speeds up the older you get? 5 months?!


Down syndrome isn’t hard. We just happened to get a few extra hurdles - am I right? I think the hardest part of Ds is trying not to compare your child to other typical children and their milestones. Nora has been advanced her entire life, so it’s a different experience learning patience with Hannah’s development.

My personality is the type for meeting expectations... I push Hannah with her exercises and she’s doing very well holding her head up now. We’re slowly getting her into the Bumbo as is her babysitter. I was excited at dinner to see Hannah reaching for toys while sitting in her swing - reaching is a new move for her!

I will always push Hannah [as I do Nora] to learn and develop to their best!

3 comments:

  1. I could just eat her up in that pink!! And comparing is just what we moms do. Seriously, I compared Evelyn's verbal skills to Nora and Ava Bronkhorst all the time!! Your girls were definitely on the advanced spectrum and Evelyn...couldn't...even! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big advantage that Hannah has in having you & Tim for parents is that you will expect her to succeed in all things. May not be as quickly as Nora, but, she will do wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 months...what?! She is looking so cute--love those cheeks! Ugh--so cute.

    ReplyDelete