Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Night Out!


This past Saturday we had tickets to an actual concert - ! Whaaaat!

Tim learned about a honky tonk/country guy named Sturgil Simpson who tour was making a stop in Northern KY. Another couple whom we’re friends with got tickets as well - we were so excited because I can’t remember the last time we’d gone out with the Trowbridges. 

Tim and I had to drive [instead of taking Uber] simply because of my need to pump in the car. I look forward to the day that black bag isn’t with me everywhere I go. 

We hit OTR for what we thought was an early dinner - 6pm. That’s early for a hipster neighborhood, right? We put our name in at the new German restaurant, Krueger. 45-minute wait. We accepted it and sat at the bar to catch up and have a drink. That alone was worth my parents graciously coming down to watch the girls and spend the night. 

After one hour, we said “Forget this,” and ended up going to Taco Bell. You heard me. Fast and good. 

Krueger ended up calling my cell [they take it for your table] at 7:45pm! Unacceptable. The owners have at least two other restaurants on that strip so there’s no excuse for a 1hr 45min wait. And who the hell would wait that long for a sausage??

I digress, the show was fantastic and probably over-sold. Way too crowded. Sturgil Simpson sounds like old [good] country and it was fun. My airways were exposed to various smoke that I’m not used to and my voice sounded super froggy when we left. I don’t get out much huh? 

My head hit the pillow at 12am - way, way too late for me. My body woke up in the 5am hour because I guess I’m just used to it. I could hear my Mom and Nora up at 6am, so I finally joined them at 6:45am. 

Fun night, but I just can’t hang that late... at this time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment