Friday, October 17, 2014

Help Me Grow

6 Weeks

As I’d mentioned in an earlier post, children diagnosed with Down syndrome are eligible for early intervention programs in their county - ours is Help Me Grow with Clermont County. I’ve heard great things about our county’s program, so I’m looking forward to it.

I’ll admit I’ve seen billboards/ads to support developmental disabilities in the past and now know what those tax dollars exactly do - allow someone to come to my home and help my daughter with various therapies to address developmental delays she’ll have. So I’m thankful. 

Three of our county’s employees came yesterday to assess Hannah - basically ask a lot of questions about feeding, movements, etc. They were very happy with how she’s doing. One of the women here will be our personal representative who will work with us for the next three years! I really liked her [thankfully] and she feels easy to talk to. Whew!

These women made me realize how there are wonderful people out there who want to help those in need on a regular basis. Those are the jobs that mean something. Making packaging for Twizzlers and Hersheys seems beets compared to a career where you actually help people, you know? 

I digress; so we have our Early Intervention ball rolling and I’m eager to get Hannah on track to be just as abled as the rest of us!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great program - glad you are taking advantage. And hey, those twizzlers can't dress themselves so you ARE helping!

    ReplyDelete