Wednesday, October 15, 2014

9 Year Anniversary

Saturday was a very full day for us, especially as parents of a new 5-week old. 

Saturday AM we left the house magically by a little after 9am to take Hannah to Dottie/Mike’s and then take Nora to Entertrainment Junction in West Chester - a huge train enthusiast entertainment center. Adults and children can enjoy a huge train set, indoor playground, kiddie train rides and this month, a Halloween area complete with No-Scare Haunted House. It was fun and Nora had Tim and I all to herself. 


We had a late lunch at Nana’s house which pushed nap time to the edge - especially since Nora was up at 5:08 that morning due to wetting her bed : (  Tim carried her into the house and Nora flew off a bit and ended up sleeping on her bedroom floor. 


My parents arrived just before 4pm to take the next leg of the day. Nora woke up right around their arrival - which was not a long enough nap. I apologized for her mood - it was BAD. 


Thankfully by the time Tim and I left for our anniversary dinner, my Mom worked her magic and had Nora in a good mood and reading books with her. 


Tim and I were granted a few hours of blissful alone time - the best gift you can give a parent! We went to 20 Brix in Milford, a nicer wine enthusiast bistro. I got my first wine flight - a prosecco, a chardonnay and a pinot noir. The chardonnay was amazing! Much better than the cheap stuff I buy : ) 


I had monkfish for the first time - I was hesitant because if you get a fish you don’t know/like, your dinner will be ruined. It was similar to scallops which I love, and it was delicious. 


After dinner, Tim and I went across the street to MJ’s, another bar/restaurant and enjoyed a drink at the bar. Tim got a beer sampler and I continued with another chardonnay - who am I?? 


We wrapped up quickly because we wanted to take advantage of another big event - going to Target without children!! We’ve been wanting new bedside lamps for a while and tonight was the night! We could take our time looking and converse about our choices. We did so and love the result. 


We walked in our door just before 8pm. Nora heard us and came bounding down the stairs [despite being put down for bed] while my Dad shouts “I need help!” Hannah had leaked all over his jeans. I HAD to pump and Hannah was due for her next bottle. It was comical and exactly what I expected would happen when we got home : ) 


It was the perfect day and to top it all off, I decided I was done wearing pregnancy jeans and managed to find some jeans in the basement that fit my post-baby hips. 


Thank you Moms & Dads for our day!


Mini Maze



Don't mind the terrifying mannequin up there.


Too far past nap time!

My first wine flight!




2 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! that is funny about target, because i completely get it. whenever paul and i had date night, we'd get done with dinner and stop at lowes or even the grocery store. it felt so luxurious! yay for family babysitters!

    ReplyDelete