Monday, October 6, 2014

Give Me Strength & Patience...

Oh this 2 year old is out for me.

I’m being brave this week and keeping Nora home for 2 days with no one here to help. 

This morning went well; 
5:40am - Pump
6am - Shower
6:30am - Hannah up and bottle
6:45am - Nora up 

We had a decent morning. The main defiance was Nora sticking a dime in her mouth. I gave her too much credit - you know, near-3 year olds should be past putting stuff in their mouth, right? 

I decided to be brave again and attempt groceries with them both. It could the last. I went for the “car” cart and put Nora in the “car” with my phone to just avoid any challenges. Hannah went on top in her carseat which I know isn’t super. 

We did great - I always kept a hand on Hannah and we made our way through fine, I got everything I needed. We went to the car in the drizzle and Nora stayed with me and stayed by the cart as I got Hannah in. As I went to put her in, the little shit ran. I’m glad I’m athletic enough to sprint after her. I grabbed her arm and held her tight, telling her firmly why what she did was wrong. I buckled her in and started crying. Which scared her enough to cry and really realize she had done something wrong. Ugh. 

I had a lunchtime feeding for Hannah and again, I’d given Nora my phone to occupy her while I focused on Hannah. Nora’s is smart. She knew I wasn’t mobile and I had to give all my attention to her sister. I asked her to put my phone on the couch… get it off the floor. So instead she takes her tricycle and rode over it a few times. I stopped Hannah’s bottle and grabbed that tricycle off fast. Again, my own fault for giving her the credit. She’s smart. 

This is the biggest lesson in patience and strength… Perhaps more than the NICU!

For real.


1 comment:

  1. stay strong! right now is the trickiest age and you are handling it incredibly. hopefully nora will start to listen to reason soonish. i've done the car seat on the cart before (also holding it in case of bumps), but it gets tricky when you are only 5' and can't see over it. so i had to switch to the bjorn type carrier during grocery stores. man, i forgot all about that!

    ReplyDelete