Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sitter Sighs

13 Months, Week 4

I don’t think I posted about Nora’s last day with her past sitter - picking her up on her last day was heart-wrenching. 

Even though it was less than a year, Nora loved her sitter and Holly loved her. They built a fantastic relationship. I wasn’t even there 2 minutes when I started crying trying to thank Holly for all her love and care for Nora. We were so lucky to have found her - what a caring, generous woman. 

Both her and I were blubbering messes... Holly was squeezing Nora goodbye and said “This is the hardest job in the world,” and I could feel her sadness. I’m having a hard time holding back tears just writing about it. 

It’s funny that I cried more leaving with Nora from her sitter than when I first dropped her off on her first day!

However I know Nora’s new sitter will be wonderful - her references just gushed about Carrie and she’s a very gentle and caring. It’s just hard putting your child through such an adjustment and hope they make that adjustment well. 

I cried a little bit when I left Carrie’s today, but thankfully she distracted Nora with toys, etc. so I could slide out. I wonder how she’s doing and if she’ll even be able to nap in this new place... having to adjust to 2 news homes for napping can be another challenge. 

Trying to stay strong...

Edit 4:50pm

Carrie kindly text messaged me around lunch:

“Hi Christine this is Carrie, I wanted to let you know Nora is doing great. She has been playing and laughing all morning and has eaten well here. She really likes my son Joe, he read her a few books and she followed him around until he went to school [sounds like Nora and Bobby!].

She fell asleep around 8am. Everyone wakes up at 8:30 around here. It was really quiet and I think she just took advantage. She woke up happy and excited to see the other children.”

So I was so relieved and thankful she sent that text - it made me feel more comfortable and better about the few tears I had this morning : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment