Saturday, January 19, 2013

Calm Before the Storm...

13 Months, Week 3

After last weekend’s insane schedule with a baby shower, friend visit and three caregiver interviews, Tim & I were looking forward to a “quiet” weekend of packing and buying a washer/dryer.

For those interested - we went to Roeker & Berger with the intent of a set of scratch-n-dent, but for about $200 more we got a new matching set so we sprung for that and were still within our budget. Win! Front loading machines feels so luxurious to me!

We finalized our Netherland home closing - Tuesday late afternoon. FINALLY! And we should be scheduling the closing for Hollow Creek on Wednesday. FINALLY! It’s still a week away and January has felt so long knowing the end of the month held the light at the end of the tunnel. 

We are fortunate enough to have care for Nora AND Ailo on moving day. Nana is even taking Nora the night before so Tim and I can not only finish packing her room, but can go to the new home to vacuum before furniture lands. 

I don’t feel stressed about moving weekend, it’s just a finely choreographed dance if you will. But I thrive on organization and planning, so I’m in my element. The lists and scheduling are piling up! 

Monday [MLK Day] is our final walk-through of Hollow Creek. This will be the second time I’ve seen the house. Ridiculous, right? Let’s hope my gut is still happy with the choice! 

We’re so excited and our pocketbooks are rather drained, but it’s a good feeling and a new chapter as we move ahead! 


Baby is packed!

New clubhouse

1 comment:

  1. Recker & Boerger brings back memories. We bought either a washer or dryer there back about 1980 so we were about at the same stage as you and Tim with a one year old

    ReplyDelete