Monday, December 17, 2012

House Update!

A lot has happened in just one week. 

On Sunday the 9th, we received an offer on our house - what?? We came back with a counter and the buyer accepted on Monday, December 10th - Happy Birthday to me! 

Last week we got our house hunt list together - or as I like to say, House Hunt 2012®. The buyer also scheduled his inspection of our house for Friday afternoon. 

Friday came and my Mom was such a rockstar - she took Nora out of the house for that time and Nora was able to visit her Great Aunt Suzanne - I imagine it was a fun visit : )
Rhe inspection was scheduled from 3:30-5:30. So my Mom gets back at the scheduled end time and the inspector and Buyer are still there - whoops. The Inspector seemed a little bristled and said “Inspections take 2-3 hrs.” Well then someone should have scheduled our time better, huh? So not only does my Mom meet and get our Buyer's story, but Tim and I come home with Ailo too during this time so it’s a little awkward, but friendly. The Buyer recognized me and I recognized him - we ride the same bus! 

Our buyer is divorced and his ex-wife and kids live in our neighborhood and the kids go to school behind the house - so he’s obviously going to make this purchase and transition work. 

Saturday comes and after 3 failed attempts to find someone to watch Nora so we can focus on house hunting, Emma comes through in the 11th hour! We were so grateful - we tried looking at houses back in October with Nora and it’s very hard to focus when your attention is on the little one!

Our focus Saturday would be on Milford [lots of house for $, lots of trees, great public schools] and Sunday would be around the Sprinfield Twp area. We saw some good homes that were all potential. Then House #6 came. Just driving through the neighborhood, we were like “Whoa.”  We walked through and we both just knew. It felt like us. 

Sunday we put in an offer. They countered today [Monday]. We threw something back and they accepted. 

One. Week.

Our Netherland Court inspection report came back today so we’ve been making calls to get repairmen in here to fix the last bits. And once the Hollow Creek owner signs off on our contract, we’ll get our inspection scheduled for there. 

I went for a 4 mile run tonight to try and clear my head - HA! The run was filled with house thoughts. Good thoughts, really. But doubt is always there “Is that deck okay for Nora to be on? How many staircases will we need to protect her from?” But I know it’s a good fit and it’s a great house for kids to grow up in.

So as we chip away at the repairs, keep the positivity flowing - I’m still expecting some headache to pop up because moving houses always does, right? 

*This month has been an extremely emotional one - not only with the house ups and downs, but my office had layoffs in early December, my 8-month-pregnant work friend found out Thursday that her husband has Stage 4 Colon Cancer at the age of 32, and the Connecticut shooting on Friday. I’m hoping a lot of dust settles with the new year for a new beginning everywhere for everyone!


3rd Level Loft - side 1

3rd Level Loft

Top Deck - yes, there’s a lower deck with a old hot tub. 

Dining Space

Dining Space

Eat-in / Side patio


Hollow Creek Drive

Kitchen

Kitchen

Living Room

Master

Master vanity

Reading nook off the living room

Wet. Bar. Oh. Yeah.



3 comments:

  1. i opted out of my google reader blog browsing to comment on the house- suuuuuper nice!
    ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! love it. i hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! Great kitchen. Congrats. I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete