Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Week

12 Months, Week 3

I love Christmas. I preset the Christmas radio station. I watch the Christmas specials even when I didn’t have a child. So this Christmas has been lovely; last year I was a Nervous Nelly New Mama who was sleep deprived and worried that my baby was comfortable and cool. 

Our Christmas Week kicked off with a Batty family get-together at Aunt Suzanne’s in Fairfield on Sunday. All her sons [and two daughter-in-laws] were in from Chicago, Missouri and Spain - ! A rare and special occasion. It’s like a second home and though we don’t see each other often, they always felt like our brothers - 3 Batty Girls and 3 Coffman Boys. I didn’t get to catch up as much as I wanted since now days I have to chase after a 1-yr old, but enjoyed the time I had. Nora got some amazing books from Chris & Todd - The Monster at the End of This Book, The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs and The Stinky Cheese Man. So sweet!

Monday we hosted our first Batty Christmas Eve - our family has always opened gifts on Christmas Eve - it started when as children, we went to 5pm evening mass on Christmas Eve and when we got home, Santa had been to our house! I think it was because “Batty” was at the beginning of the alphabet - ?? Either way, we’ve kept up the tradition. 

Our day was lovely and casual. I enjoy being a hostess even though at the end of the day I’m exhausted - it’s fulfilling. I’m very excited for next holiday season when we can host something in what - hopefully - is our new house. Dining table here I come! 



Nora loves her Batty Aunties!

Hanging out with Grandpa Batty!

Cousins Brian & Scott [a happy house when the Bengals won!]

Intent on the Bengals

Aunt Katherine & Nora

Wiped out!

Post - Batty high!

Watching Sesame Street for the first time!

Loving time with Grammy& Grandpa Batty




No comments:

Post a Comment