Tuesday, December 4, 2012

1 Year Old!!

12 Months - !!

Well today’s 1-year check up was full of twists and turns. 

First - they want us to stay away from nuts and honey until age 2. So there goes my almond milk thought. I’m not backing down from my “less cow” idea, will try to look into coconut milk. This also means no peanut butter yet. Pediatrician said “if I had to do the Heimlich Maneuver on her, I don’t want peanut butter clogging the way.” Okay.

Eggs and a little citrus are a go. Done with baby cereal. 

The biggest twist today - Happy Birthday Nora, you have an ear infection! !@#$%&
I think the snotty cold she’s had for almost two weeks has built up in her ears... it’s minor in her right ear, really. We had no idea - no signs, no fussiness... and don’t suggest elevating her mattress because girlfriend doesn’t sleep in one position all night. 

So I’m already super disappointed my 1-year old has to be given amoxicillin. I don’t. Like. Meds. BUT she’s very young and I don’t feel comfortable experimenting with natural remedies yet. Blergh. 

And the cherry on top; 5 shots! Hepetitis in the arm and two in each thigh. My poor baby was a mess. She got over it quickly though - she always does, bless her lil’ heart. 

I had to leave and go straight to work, but I’m glad she got to spend the day with Dada. 

One Year with Teddy!

2 comments:

  1. The world has been a cuter place the last year, Miss Nora! Healthy birthday thoughts being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs momma! my kids are the same way about ear infections and sickness in general, i never know they have them. my doc has given me prescriptions before and told me i didn't have to fill them if they aren't complaining, it will probably go away on it's own if it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete