Friday, March 4, 2016

Sad in the Community

Joey Feek passed away today.

I found her/their family through random internet searches when I had Hannah - another family who had a [birth] diagnosis of Ds for their daughter, Indy.

I’ve posted about the family before... I think the combination of being close to my age with a daughter close to Hannah’s age. Knowing how much work and support we put into Hannah’s development - I think that’s what jabs me the most. Little Indy needing her Mommy as she grows and develops... but I can tell they have a rich village who supports and surrounds them.

I literally cried tonight on the couch when I found out - over a stranger! Tim was probably shocked seeing me cry out of the blue. 

I’m happy she fought long enough to see her daughter’s 2nd birthday. 

I’ll keep following them to watch that fun little girl grow.

*Also – I purposely avoid topics/books/movies that I know will make me cry. So don’t clink the link unless you get fulfillment out of waves of emotion:

 One Last Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment