Saturday, August 18, 2012

Puff You

8 Months, Week 2

After some comfort with puréed foods, I realize we need to start getting Nora familiar with feeding herself by picking up small pieces of food. She grabs her spoon now and then, but hasn’t really grabbed for food.

This past week I had Nora’s caregivers try some small pieces of fruit to no avail - bummer. 

Today I finally picked up some Plum Organics puffs - I broke them in half because I was slightly paranoid about the size - and tried to demonstrate to Nora that she could put them in her mouth. It’s funny that every other item in this house goes straight in there except the food on her tray! I jammed a little puff half in her mouth and she of course made a face and eventually swallowed it. 

So we’ll try not to push too hard, but I want her to learn. 

Nora has been crawling steadily now for about a week I’d say - off to the races! And along with the crawling came pulling herself up on everything! Mainly people - which is cute : )

And finally we realized we need to upgrade the pumpkin seat to a convertible seat. I think we’re a bit late, just now realizing she’s too big for that thing and is starting to get uncomfortable. I think I was hanging on because we still use the pumpkin seat on the grocery cart [with supervision] but have been testing her sitting in the shopping carts on her own like a big girl. 

Convertible seat is being ordered right after I post!


The baby gate is because Nora has already bonked her face twice on the tile.


No comments:

Post a Comment