Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hannah’s 1st Heartiversary

I cannot [and can?] believe it’s been one year since Hannah’s heart repair.

The time leading up might have been more stressful than the day itself - and a lot of parents in the same boat would agree. I think Nana and Grammy helped us for six weeks [?] to keep our girls quarantined before surgery. We were bumped three times. Tim had a hernia surgery in the middle of the waiting. Did I mention I nodded off at a red light during the Hannah sick/Tim recovery week? It was hard for everyone! 

I’m still amazed we were home in 3 1/2 days. The surgery didn’t seem to phase Hannah’s disposition. 

I’m still amazed that modern medicine/surgeons constructed a missing WALL in her heart to create chambers. They created valves to control her blood flow. Just mind-boggling. 

I’ll never forget the wave of relief and emotion that rushed over me when the staff came out to say “She’s all done -everything went great.” After a year of anxiety and stress, it all washed over me and I cried. I think all of us in the waiting room cried. What a flipping huge deal for a nine-month old to go through. 

I will never stop fighting and shouting the strength and ferocity of Hannah. She is our little Warrior then and forever.





Thanks to Tink and Key for their fantastic [and well-designed] shirts for all us Warriors!



3 comments:

  1. Brings tears of joy to my eyes. By the way ... Nora looks great in this photo. She's actually smiling and lookin at the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora is the one who asked for the family photo!

      Delete
  2. What a great photo! I agree K, Nora's little cheeks are so sweet and she looks beyond Happy. Of course Hannah always looks happy :)

    ReplyDelete