Thursday, April 14, 2016

Catch Up!

Gosh I’m not even sure what we’ve been doing the past few weeks...

We had a Down syndrome playdate almost three weeks ago now - it was nice... but it left me feeling blue. You know, the whole mobility thing. 

We’ve had a lot of fun playtime with lots of friends. 

There are SO many babies being born this year - it’s hard to keep up and keep track, but fun to see the additional babies or first time babies. 

First week of April [April already?!] we had PT and Hannah tried out a professional gait trainer. It was a little too tall for her, but we could tell she was itching to push off! We’ll be trying with a different gait trainer tomorrow, so I’ll be curious to see how it goes! 

Hannah also had PT with Help Me Grow [HMG] - her 18 month assessment. Everyone across the board has been happy with her progress [even though it’s hard for me to see]. Her core and legs are strong - we know her arms are not. She’s getting better at pushing herself up from the side-laying position. 


That swoopy hair just slays me! Hannah will have longer hair than Nora : )

Awww Doggie!

In Nora’s world, it’s just Robinhood. That’s it. Robinhood. I realized I had a box collection in the basement of old Disney books with read-along cassette tapes [who can play those anymore??]. 

[not my photo - swiped from Internet]

They were a hit. Mostly Robinhood. She carries that book everywhere, pretends she’s Maid Marian, etc, etc. Tim even went so far as to find a personal cassette player that also transfers the audio to MP3. I’m not sure how long it’s going to last, but it’s been a good two weeks - that’s a long grip for Nora. 

*Note - I had to throw away the Tar Baby book. She asked me to read it to her and I hesitated. I made my way through it, cautiously. I think Nora said “Tar Baby” once afterwards and that was enough for me to say “NOPE.” Not acceptable now days!!

Nora is playing “Mommy” heading to Kroger. With sunscreen on her face.

IF Nora stays in her room at night - for five nights - then she’ll get Robinhood.

I’ve never seen her brush Ailo. And we barely go out to eat. And she NOW dislikes mac-n-cheese [!!!].



2 comments:

  1. Love the updates & photos of both these cuties! Can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mah word - this brought back memories! I had all those book-on-cassette stories, too (Mom probably has them in the basement somewhere)...even (errr) Tar Baby. Do you have Fox and the Hound? That was my Robin Hood ;)!

    ReplyDelete