Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Other Full Time Job

Now that I’ve been part of the Ds community for a year now, I agree - one of the hardest parts of having a child with Ds is simply public perception. I was one of those people who didn’t know either until I took the time to learn. 

Simply educating people is half the battle. 

The hardest thing about having a child with Down syndrome isn't the child and it isn't the Down syndrome -- it's public perception. It's a lack of funding, resources and research. It's having to fight just to get your child an education and therapies. It's battling ignorance, and it's a full-time job.”

My “Down’s Kid”

1 comment:

  1. Read all your posts, very educational & heartwarming. Love our precious Hannah so much. She is such a beautiful gift to all of us! <3

    ReplyDelete