Monday, May 20, 2013

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like... Summer!

Month 17, Week 

Mother’s Day weekend was nice - Saturday was our celebration day. We ate at Copper Blue in town which had good food and craft beer. Nora was very well behaved and ate like a champ. 






Sunday we had a nice visit with the Krons. However, I had to fast all day due to a poorly-timed colonoscopy I had on Monday. *Long story short, I had some symptoms that prompted a “just-to-be-sure” procedure which turned out to be just fine. So I was pretty cranky towards the end of the day and pretty sure I was PMSing on top of that. Yuck.

This weekend was lovely despite a few rain showers here and there. I had to take Friday off because our sitter needed off and we’d already tapped the Grandmas for the week. Nora and I made a trip up to Tipp City to wish Grammy Batty a Happy Mother’s Day and visit. 

Nora even spent a whole hour with Grandpa while my Mom and I hit some garage sales. It sounded like Grandpa and Nora had a fun time together! We hit the road at 1pm and Nora slept the whole way home. 

Saturday morning I went on a 6 mile run - not very long, but working my way back up again. We hit some garage sales again and a consignment shop where I found an official NFL girl’s Bengals jersey for $5! I’m not a fan of the pink-sportswear-for-girls, but for $5, Nora will wear it. 


Tim was off with his guy friends for the afternoon/night, so Nora and I ventured into Milford for some park time and soft serve ice cream. The rain pushed us back home so I had to continually think up some activities for her so she wouldn’t get too bored. It was fun yet challenging spending so much time with Nora alone this weekend - which may sound strange to some since she’s my daughter, but I’m also a full-time working Mom. She’s a busy toddler, which family tells me, so it’s not just in my head. 

Saturday evening, Aunt Stephanie visited for a few hours which was a treat for both of us! Stephanie enjoyed Nora’s quirkiness - such as smelling a mole on the inside of my arm. Yup.



Tim arrived home at 10am on Sunday which felt like mid-day since Nora woke up at 6:15 - Zzzz. It was nice to have Tim home so I could break off and do some chores and shower. After Nora’s nap we made a trip to Cincinnati Nature Center and walked around a bit in the heat. We still have not turned on our A/C - it’s amazing how being surrounded by trees really keeps your home cool and efficient - woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment